- simple cables and a knit-and-purl texture
- fully reversible - identical on both sides
- two versions: for DK-weight and fingering-weight yarn
- adjustable length, to suit the wearer's height
- optional tubular cast-on and bind-off for beautifully-finished ends
- both charted and written instructions, so you can follow your preferred type.
The pattern includes two versions of the scarf: one in DK-weight yarn with four cables/strings (for bass guitar and ukulele lovers), and one in fingering-weight yarn with six cables/strings (for guitar and viola da gamba lovers).
Julian's scarf is the DK-weight version, knit in WOOLganic 8ply, a certified organic Australian merino (6 balls of the colour 'Charbon'). My scarf is the fingering-weight version, in Malabrigo Sock (2 skeins of 'Botticelli Red'):
|A line-up of fretted string instruments (no prizes for guessing my favourite!)|
Julian and Chloe's band Booty Pageant released an EP (mini album) last week. If you're interested in checking them out, you can listen and download here.