Monday, August 27, 2012

Bees and blossoms

This post is brought to you by the letter B!

Yesterday was a sunny Sunday, so I had fun experimenting with Dad's camera in the garden. We parked the tripod near the plum tree which is just starting to bloom, zoomed in and focused on a cluster of blossoms, and waited for bees to come and pose for their portrait...

(click to enlarge photos)




When I had plenty of bee photos, I abandoned the tripod and went on the hunt for other wildlife. I got lucky with a monarch butterfly, which was resting on the ivy, and a tui which obligingly presented its profile.



As usual, Hazel the cat had been accompanying me around the garden, so I got a few shots of Her Majesty in her domain. :)



2 comments:

  1. Love these photos, Jos you have some competition!!! Hazy's coat looks amazingly luxurious, I need a coat like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could always dye your hair brown... :p
      Hoping to get some more photos this weekend and practise my new photoshop baby-skills.

      Delete