The striped ribbing and colourwork stars are borrowed from the mitts design, but here the stars appear only around the brim, rather than as an all-over pattern. The decreases at the crown form a larger star, gathered into an optional beret 'stem' at the top.
I used Zealana Kauri once again, a lovely fingering-weight possum-blend yarn. The purple colour is 'Tuhi' (I used just under one ball), and the green is 'Kea' (left over from my mitts). I like the matching-but-not-quite effect of using different background colours for the hat and mitts set.
A giant Christmas tree has appeared in our apartment building! It seemed the perfect backdrop for a photo or two...
|I blend right in... kinda...|
|The fancy staircase is also fun for posing on. ;)|
The Starstuff hat pattern is now available on Ravelry, either separately or together with Starstuff mitts.