Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New pattern: Beeswax mitts

The final pattern in my Beeswax set is now available - a pair of fingerless gloves covered in honeycomb, called the Beeswax mitts. :)

 

Features:
  • a double-layered honeycomb texture made up of mini-cables
  • thumb-shaping which blends into the surrounding honeycomb
  • instructions for knitting mini-cables without a cable needle
    (see also: the links in my post on the Beeswax hat)
  • stretchy stitch patterns which help ensure a snug fit
  • knit at a tighter gauge for durability
  • one size, can be re-sized by altering gauge
  • both charted and written instructions 
  • requires less than one 100g skein of DK-weight yarn 

The Beeswax mitts pattern is available as a pdf download from Ravelry.
The set of hat, cowl, and mitts is also available as an ebook: The Beeswax Set.

I had fun drawing some more little bees to include in my photos - these ones are in charcoal and yellow pastel:




The lovely golden yarn is Vintage Purls Max once again - I used some of the second skein of 'Toffee Deluxe' leftover from my cowl.

I was pleased (and relieved) to discover that Max holds up well when subjected to repeated 'frogging'/unravelling. It took a few tries to come up with a really good way of doing the thumb increases! I wanted them to really blend into the pattern seamlessly, and happily, I found a solution after a bit of trial-and-error:

The 'gusset' at the base of the thumb looks like one more honeycomb. :)

Hat, cowl, and mitts!

No comments:

Post a Comment