Saturday, January 31, 2015

Silver and gold

I've been a bit quiet this month, as I've been working on a couple of super-secret knitting projects (one of which is Very Exciting). There's been a lot of knitting going on, but not much I can share just yet! However, I do have two non-secret designs in the works which I can show you...

This is a swatch for a lacy cowl in Outlaw Yarn's Vanitas (an 8ply blend of alpaca with a bit of merino). I've been playing around with lace stitches, trying to get a cool stylised peacock-feather pattern. I'm really happy with this version, with the 'feathers' arranged in columns:


The silver colour is called 'Vanity', which is most appropriate for a peacock-themed project. I am so in love with this yarn. Soft and silky, great stitch definition, pretty colours - hell yeah!

And this is another cowl-in-progress, also in Vanitas yarn - a sandy gold colour called 'Wealth'. I came up with a surface-texture pattern of stars, which I've arranged in a grid. It's actually much simpler to knit than it looks (which is always nice).


Now back to Secret Squirrel business, tee hee... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment