This golden starry-textured cowl is called Field of Stars, and it's now available for download on Ravelry.
I used one 100g ball of Outlaw Yarn's Vanitas DK, a luxurious blend of 90% alpaca and 10% organic merino, the colour 'Wealth'. If substituting a different yarn, I recommend a DK-weight yarn with good drape and stitch definition (e.g. an alpaca or silk blend).
- textured stitch patterns including moss/seed stitch borders and an array of stars
- a photo tutorial is included for the special star stitches
- one size (short and cosy), with simple instructions for re-sizing both height and circumference if desired
- a one-skein project: you will need 180 yards of DK-weight yarn
- full charted and written instructions, so you can follow your preferred type.
The arrangement of stars on the cowl is inspired by the beautiful starry ceilings of some 14th and 15thC chapels and cathedrals. Here are a few of my favourite examples:
|Scrovegni Chapel, Padua (source)|
|Basilica di Santa Croce, Florence (source)|
|Santa Maria sopra Minerva, Rome (source)|