- a simple knit-and-purl texture
- ideal for random stripes and colourblocking
- crown decreases add a gentle swirl to the texture
- one size fits most adults, with simple instructions for re-sizing if desired
- a one-skein project: you will need 160 yards of DK-weight yarn
- full charted and written instructions, so you can follow your preferred type.
This design started with the yarn - a 'Tiny Twists Kit' from Madelinetosh, which I was enchanted with and wanted to make the most of.
The little 50-yard skeins are so cute!
After using the lightest 4 colours for Willie's hat, I had some scraps left over. I combined them with half a skein of blue-green Vintage Purls Max (also leftovers from another project), and knit a striped hat for myself. I knit the ribbing using the darkest Madelinetosh skein, and striped the rest of the hat randomly, using up every bit of the scraps.
The photos of Willie and I were taken partway up Mount Taranaki, one of the most beautiful places I've been in a long time. :)