I had the idea to design a soft textured scarf while looking out the window of an airplane, admiring the shapes of the clouds below. After much swatching, refining, finding the perfect yarn, and knitting, I finally have my scarf! This is Above the Clouds, a worsted-weight wintery scarf with cloudlike texture...
- knit-and-purl texture based on garter stitch and double moss stitch
- completely reversible - identical on both sides
- worsted-weight polwarth/alpaca/possum yarn for warmth
- unisex style with adjustable length, to suit the wearer's height
- long-tail cast on + simple knitted bind off
- both charted and written instructions.
For my nice long scarf I used 3 balls of Outlaw Yarn's Bohemia Worsted
(a blend of 45% polwarth, 45% alpaca, and 10% possum) in the colour 'Fog', which is a pale silvery grey. The possum and alpaca in the mix give Bohemia a slight fuzzy halo, but still leave stitch patterns well defined.
'Above the Clouds' is available to download as a pdf from Ravelry, Loveknitting, Craftsy, or Etsy.